Update from the Nurse
Wednesday, October 09, 2019
Happy Fall! I hope that the school year is off to a good start for you. Let's keep everyone healthy and at school this year!
- Teaching hand washing with soap and water is still the number one way to fight the germs!
- It is also the time of year to check for ticks daily after being outside.
- Use repellent when outside at dusk to avoid risk of mosquito borne illnesses.
- Fall is a good time to do a check for lice and if you need assistance or a comb, please let me know. Combing the hair with a lice comb every day is the best way to get rid of them.
- Flu season is already upon us, please teach your children to cough/sneeze into their sleeves, wash their hands and get a flu shot. Stay home if temperature is greater than 100 with respiratory symptoms.
- Dental clinic November 1 with Toothprotectors. Forms are due now.